Toys and child-appropriate gift items are needed for our patients throughout the year. If you are considering a donation of toys for All Children's Hospital Johns Hopkins Medicine, we offer these reminders:
- Our patients range in age from birth through 21 years.
- Approximately 60% of our patients are three years and under, however, we provide services to many teenagers as well.
- All toys and gifts must be newly purchased due to infection/safety concerns.
- Toys & stuffed animals exposed to smoke cannot be accepted.
Donated items may be used as gifts to individual patients or utilized in playrooms, support groups, or therapy sessions. While a variety of toys and games are appreciated, see the list below of what we can and cannot accept.
Hospitalized children have special health needs, so we must be extra careful with the types of gifts we can accept. For example, dust, smells (such as cigarette smoke and perfume) and animal hair can be harmful to kids who are already sick.
What we can accept:
- New, unused items in original packaging that have been purchased within the last three months
- New books
- New, unused handmade items (caps, pillows, pillow cases, scrub type pants, quilts etc.)
What we cannot accept:
- Used toys
- New stuffed toys more than 18-inches tall
- Stuffed toys from vending machines or carnivals
- Food and/or candy
- Latex balloons or anything containing latex
- Sports cards
- Toys with violent themes or that are insensitive to a culturally diverse population
Unfortunately due to varied dietary restrictions our patients face, we are unable to accept gifts of food. Donated food items will be given to the Ronald McDonald House
Please Drop Off Toys at:
All Children's Hospital Lobby
501 6th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
If you have additional questions regarding toy donations, please complete the form below and we will respond to you quickly.