Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Prevention of Medical Errors - TWO-HOUR PRESENTATION – MEETS CME REQUIREMENTS FOR MEDICAL ERRORS-Must be completed by 12/1/11 to receive CME Credit by 12/31/11. If completed after 12/1/11, CME Credit will be awarded in July, 2012
Recorded November 18, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Director of Risk Management Services, First Professional Insurance Company, Jacksonville, FL
CME credit is no longer available for this program
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, MD
After attending this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Describe the elements of root cause analysis.
- Recognize and prevent common performance and diagnostic errors.
- Identify the most commonly misdiagnosed conditions.
- Identify risk management measures designed to prevent high-risk medical errors.
- Discuss patient safety goals; meet the requirements set forth by FS 456.013(7).
Minimum System Requirements
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9