Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Nutrients and Nutrient-Derived Substances in Cancer Chemoprevention
Recorded July 10, 2009 at 12:30 PM
Nagi B. Kumar, PhD, RD, FADA, Professor, Oncologic Sciences, USF College of Medicine, Tampa, FL
CME credit is no longer available for this program
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Learning Objectives: As a result of attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Define the goals of cancer chemoprevention.
- Relate NCI guidelines for identifying and evaluating nutrients and diet-derived agents as chemo-preventive agents for prostate cancer.
- Recognize the most promising nutrients identified as chemopreventive agents and describe their chemopreventive activity and the mechanisms that promote or slow the progression, or reverse or inhibit carcinogenesis; and discuss future directions for the use of nutrients in chemoprevention.
Minimum System Requirements
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9