|Visit “Fit4AllkidsVille” at Great Explorations Children’s Museum in St. Petersburg|
Great Explorations Children's Museum and All Children's Hospital are proud to present the exhibit opening of “Fit4AllkidsVille,” an entire wing dedicated to educating children about nutrition, exercise and the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle through play and interaction with their family and friends!
Great Explorations is located at 1925 4th Street North (use the same parking lot as for Sunken Gardens).
“Fit4AllkidsVille” is a permanent addition to Great Explorations Children's Museum. This exciting opening kicked off Friday, January 18th with a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at 11am. Several dignitaries were present at the ceremony including: Bill Dudley, St. Petersburg Council, James Bennett, St. Petersburg City Council Chair, David Penn, Great Explorations Executive Director, Bill Heller, Florida House of Representatives, Gary Carnes, President/CEO - All Children's Hospital, Ronnie Duncan, Board of County Comission, and Wengay "Newt" Newton , St. Petersburg City Council.
“Fit4AllkidsVille” is an exciting “kids' town” located on the second floor of the museum. Input from the Great Explorations team, All Children's Hospital professionals, exhibit designers and most importantly, kids, helped develop the incredible visuals and activities in each area of “Fit4AllkidsVille.”
• Stop into the “Healthy Kids' Diner,” where kids can build puzzles of healthy meals based on portion, ingredients and the food pyramid. Children will learn what foods do, what parts of their body do, as well as how to maintain overall good nutrition.
• Visit Dr. Pete E. Atric's Office for a checkup that is actually fun! Kids can dress up, play with instruments, weigh themselves and learn more about how regular medical care is vital to good health!
• For more cool facts about how our body works, children can make a pit stop and “Fill up” with knowledge at the Body Tune-Up Station!
• Children can secure their life jackets and start rowing their canoe through some interesting and hilarious environments!
• Kids can also get physical at the local recreation center.
For more information about Great Explorations Children's Museum, visit their website at www.greatexplorations.org.
|Pocket Doc Mobile App|
|Maps and Locations (Mobile)|
|Programs & Services|
|For Health Professionals|
|For Patients & Families|
|Find a Doctor|