We will not be hosting students for the Winter/Spring 2015 Child Life Internship. We will resume this opportunity for the Summer 2015 internship. Thank you!
The Child Life internship program at All Children's Hospital is designed for undergraduate students at the end of their academic program, but graduate students are also welcome to further develop their clinical skills in this dynamic program. Child life internships provide clinical development through a systematic learning experience centered on Child Life competencies.
The internship is highly structured and provides multiple opportunities for learning. Interns should have no other commitments during this internship due to the extensive nature of this commitment.
Our internship sessions are consistent with the recommendations from the Child Life Council and thouroughly model and compliment the curriculum set forth by the CLC.
Due to the large amount of applications received, all applications must be received at All Children's Hospital by the application deadline set forth by the Child Life Council internship scheduling recommendations. We recommend requesting delivery confirmation to ensure timely delivery to our institution as late applications will be returned to sender. Thank you for understanding.
Please place the following documents in a report folder, ordered as below, for candidacy consideration.
- Letter of aspiration with separate document outlining internship goals
- Completed Common Internship Application
- Resume detailing career objectives and experiences working with children
- Eligibility Assessment by the Child Life Council, or documentation validating request
- Academic transcripts (unofficial is acceptable for initial application process)
- 2-3 letters of recommendation, at least one from an academic professor and one from a supervisor who has observed your interactions with children.
- Documentation affirming a minimum of 150 hours working with children in a health care setting where children with medical and/or developmental challenges are served (100 hours need to be complete prior to application with a verification of plan to complete hours prior to start of internship).
- Verification of enrollment in a university during internship
Please mail these documents to the following address:
Child Life Department 7390
All Children's Hospital
501 6th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Although the selection process includes a phone screening and a personal interview, a completed application does not guarantee a phone screening or interview. Applicants are selected for a phone screening based on their college major with core Child Life/Child Development course, GPA (it is recommended that your Core GPA be above a 3.00/4.00), references, letters of aspiration and experience working with children. Up to four applicants will be selected for a personal interview, and one or two interns will be selected per semester. If you have further questions, please contact Holly Ott, Clinical Coordinator.
Students will be expected to fully participate in the following assignments:
|Pocket Doc Mobile App|
|Maps and Locations (Mobile)|
|Programs & Services|
|For Health Professionals|
|For Patients & Families|
|Find a Doctor|