Chex Troubleshooting Guide
Information for anyone having trouble accessing CHEX from a non-ACH computer.
With permission from your supervisor, CHEX can be accessed from your home computer by going to chex.omnisocialpc.mzinga.com.
If you are having trouble accessing a CHEX course, try the following steps.
- Install the Neuron Toolbook Player
Many of our ACH courses require a player to be installed to view the course. You will only need to install the Neuron Toolbook Player once and then all of the ACH courses will work. In the description of the course there will be a link to install the player. Click that link and follow the instructions. It will look like this:
- Disable your Pop-up Blocker(s)
The easiest way to disable your pop-up blocker is to hold down the CTRL key before you click on the launch button. See below for additional instructions on how to disable specific pop-up blockers.
- Disable your Internet Security Program
Your computer might have an Internet security program such as Norton's Internet Security — if so, you may need to disable that as well in order to take CHEX courses from home.
Here is how to disable Norton's Internet Security:
Turning off Internet security programs exposes you to the risk of virus attack. It is critical that you re-enable your virus protection after finishing using CHEX.
- Locate the icon in the system tray.
- Right click on the icon
- Choose Disable from the menu
How to Disable Pop-up Blockers
Below is a list of the 5 most common pop-up blockers and how to disable them.
Microsoft XP Internet Explorer with Service Pack 2:
- Click on Tools > Pop-up Blocker > Turn off Pop-up Blocker
- Or select Pop-up Blocker Settings and add www.chexweb.comto the allow pop-ups list
- Hover your mouse over the toolbar icon that looks like this:
- Click that button for the option to always allow pop-ups on www.chexweb.com
Click on the icon that looks like this and uncheck the “Enable Pop-up Blocker”
To enable pop-ups just click this icon and it will disable the pop-up blocker.
Click on this icon and select the option to "Allow Pop-ups".