Health Information Library
Prep time: about 10 minutes
- 1 green, yellow, or red pepper, washed
- 1 bunch of celery, washed
- 1 carrot, washed and peeled
- your favorite salad dressing
- knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- cutting board
- Cut the pepper in half (from side to side). Clean out the seeds and gunk from the inside. Now you have two pieces. One will be your pepper-shaped bowl.
- Cut the other half of the pepper into skinny slices.
- Cut the carrot into skinny sticks about 4" long.
- Cut celery into skinny sticks so each one is about 4" long.
- Put a little salad dressing in the bottom of your pepper bowl.
- Put celery sticks, carrot sticks, and pepper slices into the pepper bowl.
- Now you've got a portable veggie treat! You can pull out the veggies and eat them with a little dressing. Then when you're finished with the veggies, it's time to eat the bowl!
Serving size: 1 veggie bowl
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
3 g protein
1 g fat
22 g carbohydrate
4 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
98 mg sodium
71 mg calcium
0.7 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2014 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.