Health Information Library
Prep time: 45 minutes
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. rolled oats
- ½ c. butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 c. light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ¾ c. strawberry jam
- oven (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- large bowl
- square (8" x 8") pan coated with nonstick spray
- large spoon
- knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- measuring cups and spoons
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit (180º Celsius).
- In a large bowl, mix everything together except the strawberry jam.
- Measure out 2 cups of this mixture. Leave the rest in the bowl, and set it aside.
- Take the 2 cups of the mixture and press it into the bottom of the pan. You can use your hands or a spoon. Make sure you cover the entire bottom of the pan!
- Using a large spoon, spread the strawberry jam on top of the mixture in the pan. Spread it evenly all over.
- Take the mixture that was left in the bowl, and spread it over the strawberry jam. Press it down lightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, and allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the bars into 12 squares to eat and share!
Serving size: 1 square
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
2 g protein
9 g fat
32 g carbohydrate
1 g fiber
22 mg cholesterol
126 mg sodium
16 mg calcium
0.9 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2014 KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com