Health Information Library
Prep time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 2 cups uncooked regular oats
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups mashed banana
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the banana, oil, and vanilla and stir well.
- Add the banana mixture to dry ingredients, stirring as you add.
- Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes.
- Place rounded tablespoon-size scoops of dough onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks. Cool completely before serving.
Servings: About 12
Reviewed by: Cheryl Patterson, RD, CDE
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2015 KidsHealth® All rights reserved.
Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com