You are invited to consider the gratifying careers we offer in neonatal specialty nursing. In addition to our friendly and welcoming team, our NICU nurses enjoy the benefits of working in an environment that offers cutting-edge neonatal, family/developmental care, and other technical therapies.
We are a 97-bed unit occupying the entire 72,000 square foot 6th floor. The Unit is divided into 3 major areas: The Admissions unit has 18 beds, the South/B-Unit has 31 beds, and the North/C-Unit has 48 beds. All rooms, except for the admissions area, are private rooms.
- We provide care for the most critically ill infants as a Regional Level IV NICU.
- The unit serves as a referral center for a 17-county area and boasts a wide array of specialists and surgeons to cover a spectrum of anomalies and conditions.
- Graduate nurses are welcomed into the NICU through our Nursing Residency Program.
- Clinical managers and charge nurses within the NICU provide clinical leadership and support to NICU nursing staff, patients, and families.
- NICU's B.E.S.T (Breastfeeding Enrichment Support and Teaching) Team provides education and quality lactation support using the Kangaroo Mother Care Model.
- The NICU at ACH is the first hospital in America to utilize the LacTrack Bar-coding system for breast milk and formula-fed babies.
- We also have a centralized milk drop off and preparation rooms.
- Bayfront Baby Place Deliveries are conveniently located on the 3rd floor of our hospital, making transport to the NICU seamless.
The NICU's specialized, in-house education offers the opportunity to develop and deploy all of your critical thinking skills. All Children's offers an array of on-site education experiences such as unit in-services, classroom training, patient care conferences, extensive web-based training modules and simulation labs. Dedicated CNS/Advanced Education Specialists provide orientation programs specific to graduate nurses as well as experienced neonatal nurses.
You will enjoy making connections with a wide array of professional and highly skilled multi-disciplinary team members consisting of Neonatologists, Neonatal Nurse Practitioners, Respiratory Therapists, Nutritionists, Lactation Educators, Social Workers, Case Managers, Discharge Planners, Child Life Specialists and Chaplains. The teams you will work with bring their expertise and knowledge to the bedside to deliver high quality care for our babies.
There are many additional opportunities for growth, such as the STORK team, PICC Team, Total Body Cooling, NEC, NAS, Hand Hygiene and others. The NICU at ACH is an ideal position for the highly motivated, career-minded nurse who enjoys challenges and fast-paced settings. If you believe you are ready to join our unit, please contact us to discuss opportunities that are available.
Cindy Driscoll, RN, BSN, MS
Director, Neonatal Services