The PCT-2 demonstrates an expanding knowledge base in the skills that may be delegated to them by the Registered Nurse. They have experience caring for specific types of patient populations and their families. Demonstrates an ability to collaborate effectively with the entire patient care team, the patient and their family. Demonstrates competency and completes unit-specific, role specific competency pathway.
PCT 2 – High School Diploma/ GED and EMT. A CNA or MA with two years’ experience will be considered. Students in their final year of a BSN program may be considered.
• Specific departments may require per diem staff to have a minimum of two years general experience in a patient care tech role.
• Hospital required education, tasks and unit specific competency pathways are due on time. Failure to complete timely will result negatively on education section of employee’s evaluation and may prohibit ability to work until outstanding items are successfully completed.
• Hospital based patient care experience preferred. Pediatric experience highly desirable.
• Physical ability to perform all aspects of patient care, including CPR on all patients ranging in age from neonate to adult.
• Some departments may have additional experience requirements related to their specialty.
• Ability to perform physical activity, including but not limited to: repetitive motions, feeling, grasping, fingering (pinching, typing, handling, etc.), lifting, pulling, pushing, walking, standing, reaching, crouching and stooping.
• Cognitive skill required to administer safe patient care.
• Read/write/speak and understand English.
• Auditory and visual ability to assess and provide nursing care.
• Ability to effectively interact with patients, families, physicians, ancillary and support staff.
• Ability to effectively manage within an environment of emotional and physical stress.
All Children's Hospital, a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Human Resources is a program under All Children's Hospital. All Children's Hospital
is the only specialty licensed children's hospital on Florida's west coast. Founded in
1926, All Children's has grown into a leading pediatric referral center that is
dedicated to advancing treatment, education, research and advocacy in child health.