Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Childhood Trauma: Current and Future Psychosocial Intervention
Recorded June 5, 2009 at 12:30 PM
Allison Salloum, PhD, Assistant Professor, USF School of Social Work, Joint Appointment with USF Department of Pediatrics, Tampa, FL
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan Dumois, MD
As a result of attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify at least five symptoms children may have who need to be referred for psychological treatment resulting from trauma.
- Describe two empirically supported treatments for children who are experiencing post-traumatic stress symptoms.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac