Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Prevention of Medical Errors
Recorded November 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Sandra C. Strickland, RN, MSN, LHRM, CPHRM
Director of Patient Safety, Southeast Region, The Doctors Company, Jacksonville, FL
MEETS CME REQUIREMENTS FOR FLORIDA LICENSURE FOR MEDICAL ERRORS
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Disclosure: The Doctor's Company
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, MD
After attending this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Describe a root-cause analysis; recite the most commonly misdiagnosed conditions.
- Discuss medical error reduction and prevention measures; identify patient safety goals.
- Meet the requirements set forth in Florida Stature 456.013(7).
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac