Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Current Review of Asthma Management and Evaluation
Recorded October 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Seifu Demissie, MD
Pediatric Pulmonology; Pediatric Pulmonology Associates, P.A.
All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL
Disclosure: The speaker has signed a disclosure form and indicated he/she has no significant financial interest or relationship with companies of the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product/service that will be discussed as part of his/her presentation.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, III, MD
After attending this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Explain the pathophysiology of asthma.
- Identify diagnosis, assessment and management of asthma.
- Summarize current guidelines for diagnosis and management of asthma.
- Provide improved care for patients with severe persistent/difficult-to-treat asthma cases at ACH.
- Highlight research findings.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac