Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
TWO-HOUR PRESENTATION: Prevention of Medical Errors Oct 2012
Recorded October 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Director of Risk Management Services, First Professional Insurance
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Disclosure: The speaker has signed a disclosure form and indicated she has a relationship with The Doctors Company/Employment. Ms. Strickland will not discuss any manufacture(s) of any commerical product/service in her presentation.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, MD
After attending this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Describe the elements of root cause analysis; recognize the most commonly misdiagnosed conditions.
- Discuss medical error reduction and prevention measures; identify patient safety goals.
- Meet the requirements set forth in Florida Statute 456.013(7).
TWO-HOUR PRESENTATION - MEETS CME REQUIREMENT FOR MEDICAL ERRORS
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac