Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Assessing Oral Health Disparities through the Medical Home
Recorded September 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Rani Gereige, MD, MPH, FAAP
Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, Florida International University; Director of Medical Education, Miami Children's Hospital, Miami, FL
After attending this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Identify the cultural and socioeconomic factors that represent the major determinants of oral health disparities in various groups.
- Recognize the major barriers to achieving the Healthy People 2020 Goal.
- Highlight ways to address disparities in the Medical Home focusing beyond the insurance barriers.
Minimum System Requirements
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9