Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Prescription Drugs of Abuse: The New Street Killers
Recorded February 24, 2012 at 12:30 PM
James V. Hillman, MD, FAAP, FACEP, FACMT
Pediatric Emergency Physician, All Children's Hospital; Clinical Professor, USF College of Medicine, Tampa, FL
CME credit is no longer available for this program
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, MD
As a result of attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Cite the most common prescription medications that are associated with abuse.
- Recognize the typical signs and symptoms of prescription drug abuse.
- Manage an acute toxic event.
Minimum System Requirements
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9