Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Update on Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus in Children
Recorded January 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Pallavi Iyer, MD
Medical Director, Diabetes and Endocrinology, All Children's Specialty Physicians, St. Petersburg, FL
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan Dumois, MD
After attending this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Explain the current concepts of pathophysiology of type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Discuss current management and potential future therapeutic options.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac