Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Lessons from the Panic Virus: Confronting Vaccine Misinformation in the Digital Age
Recorded October 28, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Author, The Panic Virus, Lecturer, MIT's Graduate Program in Science Writing; Contributing Editor, Vanity Fair, Cambridge MA
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
After attending this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Address vaccine misinformation in patients.
- Develop new strategies for patient communication.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac