Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Remaining Challenges in Cystic Fibrosis Newborn Screening
Recorded March 11, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Philip Farrell, MD, PhD
Professor of Pediatrics and Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, III, MD
Learning Objectives: As a result of attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Define the importance of continuous quality improvement in newborn screening for cystic fibrosis.
- Identify the key steps and needs for parents in communications related to a positive newborn screening result.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac