Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Abusive Head Trauma - What We Think We Know
Recorded October 29, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Bruce C. Herman, MD
Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine; Fellowship Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Primary Children's Medical Center/University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, III, MD
Learning Objectives: As a result of attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the signs and symptoms associated with abusive head trauma.
- Identify the significance of retinal hemorrhages in the diagnosis of abusive head trauma.
This Special Grand Rounds meets One Hour of the Two Hour Required CME for Domestic Violence
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac