Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Genome-Wide Association Studies: Growth and Maturation
Recorded September 24, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Allen W. Root, MD,
Department of Endocrinology, ACH; Professor of Pediatrics, USF College of Medicine, Tampa, FL
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, III, MD
Learning Objectives: As a result of attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Define the principles upon which Genome-Wide Association Studies (GWAS) are based.
- Relate the insights provided by Genome-Wide Association Studies (GWAS) into the many genes that influence physical characteristics, biochemical data, and the expression of disease states.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac