Suncoast Pediatric Asthma Coalition
The Suncoast Pediatric Asthma Coalition began meeting in 2001 to plan a family asthma education event at All Children’s Hospital. The first Asthma Family Day was held in April 2002. The Suncoast Pediatric Asthma Coalition has grown to become a community-wide organization of persons interested in improving the quality of life for children and adolescents who have asthma. Current membership includes:
- Teen Advocates
- Community representatives from:
- All Children’s Hospital
- Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County
- American Lung Association
- Mothers of Asthmatics
- Pediatric Pulmonology Associates
- Pinellas County Schools
- University of South Florida
The Suncoast Pediatric Asthma Coalition meets monthly on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 4:00pm at All Children’s Hospital Education & Conference Center. Telephone 727-767-2308 for additional information and to see how you can get involved.
The Suncoast Pediatric Asthma Coalition Mission Statement
The mission of the Suncoast Pediatric Asthma Coalition is to improve the quality of life for children and adolescents with asthma.
To support this mission, the Coalition has established the following goals:
- To increase awareness of asthma and related issues in the community.
- To help identify and eliminate disparities that affect the health outcomes of children and adolescents with asthma.
- To provide education on asthma and asthma management.
- To serve as a link between the community and asthma care and supportive resources.
- To increase school/community management of asthma.
- To utilize asthma data to prioritize coalition goals and activities.
- To build the coalition and increase the diversity of its members.
- To be a catalyst for enhancing activities of other organizations promoting health and well being of children and adolescents with asthma.