All Children's Hospital hosts an annual Homecoming Dance for patients who are unable to attend their own homecoming due to hospitalization or who, due to life-limiting illness, will most likely never get the opportunity. The Hospital's Homecoming is a multi-day affair, beginning with a September Dress and Jacket Shop, which features stylish choices for patients and their guests to select. Hours before the big event, attendees can indulge in well-deserved pampering at the Day of Style, where professional hair and makeup specialists work their magic amid the sophisticated Homecoming décor. The excitement continues as the patients and their guest anticipate the evening to come and the Homecoming Dance of their dreams.
The festivities begin at 7:00pm when patients are escorted along the red carpet into an evening of music, dance and memories. Families are invited to gather and connect in an on-campus coffeehouse, where they can watch the celebration on the big screen and take part in this amazing evening.
All Children’s Hospital is thrilled to host this magical rite of passage evening with music, dancing, food and fun; a chance for patients to live a piece of normalcy; to regain a piece of their childhood; to come together for a Homecoming Dance.
Attendees are selected by the Child Life staff based on these criteria:
- Patients should be 11yrs or older
- Patient should have a chronic or life threatening illness or an illness that prevents them from participating in typical activities of someone that age
- Patients who are in some sort of “treatment” for illness should be less than 2 years out of treatment
- Any child enrolled in homebound treatment or who cannot attend school because of their illness
If you have (or are) a patient who wishes to attend, please contact Holly Ott in the Child Life Department.
Volunteers and Donations
Volunteers and donations are needed to make every part of Homecoming happen!
- Prom/homecoming dresses in all sizes – women’s sizes especially
- Tuxes, boys/young men's jackets
- Boys/young men's dress pants & dress shirts
- Boys/young men's ties & belts
- New or very slightly used accessories that can be cleaned (purse, jewelry, hair dress items, etc.)
- New or very slightly used dress shoes
- NEW nail polish
- NEW make-up and make-up applicators
- NEW hair products (gels, hairspray, etc.)
Items will need to be delivered to the Family Services office in the main hospital by September 12th.
Questions about donated items should be directed to Holly Ott in the Child Life Department.
We will have several volunteer opportunities:
- Dress Shop-September 12th and 13th
- Homecoming and Day of Style-October 10th and 11th
Details and sign-up opportunities will be announced soon. As always, support from employees is greatly appreciated.