As a patient, you and your family are responsible for:
- Giving true and complete information about your present and past health.
- Telling your doctor or other healthcare provider of any change in your health.
- Telling your doctor or other healthcare provider if you understand your plan of care and what is expected of you.
- Following the plan of care to which you and your doctor or other healthcare provider have agreed.
- Keeping appointments and, if you cannot, telling the right person.
- Being responsible for your actions if you refuse treatment or do not follow the plan of care you and your doctor or other healthcare provider agree to.
- Paying your medical bills.
- Being considerate of the rights of others and following the rules.
- Telling your doctor or other health care provider when you are in pain and if your pain is being relieved.
- Asking questions when you do not understand what you have been told about your care or what you are expected to do.
- Responding timely to requests for release of information.
- Not photographing, videotaping, or audio-taping patients or other individuals who are not family members.
We ask and expect you to let us know of any concerns by communicating them verbally to a member of our staff for informal resolution. Alternatively, you may contact the Risk Manager (727-767-8959 or call toll-free at 1-800-456-4543, ext. 78959) to initiate the formal grievance process. If you believe we have not been able to adequately address your concerns, you may contact The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), Consumer Assistance Unit by calling 1-888-419-3456 or writing to 2727 Mahan Drive, Mail Stop #49, Tallahassee, FL 32308.
If you are not satisfied that we have addressed your concerns or complaints, you also have the right to contact The Joint Commission, an independent, not-for-profit organization that evaluates hospitals like All Children's. To report any concerns or complaints about All Children's, contact The Joint Commission's Office of Quality Monitoring by emailing email@example.com or calling 1-800-994-6610.