HealthSearch Answer Sheet
HealthSearch Answer Sheet
1. Question: What is it called when your body doesn't have enough water?
Where to find it: Why Drinking Water Is the Way to Go
2. Question: What are some ways to cure homesickness?
Answer: Bring a little bit of home with you; keep busy; stay in touch; talk to someone where you are
Where to find it: Homesickness
3. Question: How many colored sections are there in the USDA's MyPlate?
Answer: Five - orange (grains); green (vegetables); red (fruits); blue (milk and dairy products); purple (protein)
Where to find it: Food Guide Pyramid Becomes a Plate
4. Question: Where is the thyroid located?
Answer: In the front of your neck
Where to find it: Thyroid Disorders
5. Question: How many chambers does the heart have?
Answer: Four - the left atrium, the right atrium, the left ventricle, and the right ventricle
Where to find it: All About the Heart
6. Question: What four things should you do if you come across a gun?
Answer: Stop, don't touch, leave the area, and tell an adult
Where to find it: Gun Safety
7. Question: What's it called when brothers and sisters compete?
Answer: Sibling rivalry
Where to find it: Getting Along With Brothers and Sisters
8. Question: What's the best way to prevent pinworm?
Answer: By washing your hands
Where to find it: Pinworm
9. Question: How many bones does an adult have?
Where to find it: The Big Story on Bones
10. Question: Bedwetting is called something else by doctors. What's it called?
Where to find it: Bedwetting
11. Question: These little pieces of string patch skin together. What are they?
Where to find it: How Stitches Help Kids Heal
12. Question: It's common for kids to get up to this number of colds per year.
Where to find it: Chilling Out With Colds
13. Question: During which hours should you avoid the sun so you don't get burned?
Answer:Between 10 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon
Where to find it: How to Be Safe When You're in the Sun
14. Question: What part of your brain processes memory?
Answer: The hippocampus
Where to find it: Memory Matters
15. Question: In general, how much sleep do kids between ages 5 and 12 get every night?
Answer: 10 to 11 hours
Where to find it: What Sleep Is and Why All Kids Need It
10 to 15 correct
You rock! Do your friends call you "doctor"? You have what it takes to work in the health field.
5 to 9 correct
Pretty good! A little more reading and you'll soon have all the answers.
1 to 4 correct
You're on your way! Try again after taking another spin around the site!
Uh-oh! Better brush up on your health basics.
© 1995-2014 KidsHealth® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com