Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who need additional calories to help them meet their nutritional needs.
Tastier than a mud pie and packed with calcium and calories, this fun snack is an easy-to-make treat.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 4.5 oz. package of vanilla instant pudding
- ¾ c. dry milk powder
- 8 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 4 gummy worms
- mixing bowls
- wire whisk
- mixing spoon
- 4 clear 6-oz. cups
- Stir together milk and heavy cream.
- With wire whisk, beat pudding mix and dry milk powder into milk and cream mixture for 2 minutes.
- Stir in crushed Oreo cookies.
- Immediately pour pudding into clear cups.
- Put pudding into the refrigerator. Pudding will be soft-set and ready to eat within 5 minutes.
- Serve with a gummy worm on top.
Serving size: ½ cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
11 g protein
27 g fat
358 mg calcium
433 mg sodium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, CNSC, LD/N
Date reviewed: July 2012
© 1995-2014 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.