Note: This recipe is especially for pregnant and breastfeeding women, but can be a nutritious part of almost anyone's diet.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 c. baby spinach, rinsed and drained
- 3 clementines, peeled and sectioned
- ¾ c. slivered almonds
- ¼ c. fat-free raspberry vinaigrette
- In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, clementines, and almonds.
- Toss with salad dressing just before serving.
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
6 g protein
10 g fat
1 g sat. fat
16 g carbohydrate
4 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
42 mg sodium
89 mg calcium
2 mg iron
77 mcg folic acid
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Why this recipe is good for pregnant or breastfeeding women:
This salad is packed with healthy nutrients for you and your unborn baby. It contains fiber, calcium, iron, and folic acid.
Variations and suggestions:
You can experiment with other citrus fruits.
Reviewed by: Steven Dowshen, MD
© 1995-2013 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.