Prep time: about 10 minutes
- 1 green, yellow, or red pepper, washed
- 1 celery stalk, washed
- 1 carrot, washed and peeled
- your favorite salad dressing
- Cut the pepper in half from side to side, and remove seeds.
- Keep one half to use as bowl; cut the other half into thin slices.
- Cut the carrot and celery into thin sticks about 4" long.
- Put a little salad dressing in the bottom of the pepper bowl, then add celery, carrot, and pepper slices.
- Enjoy these portable veggie treats by dipping the veggie slices into the dressing, then eating the bowl when you're done!
Serving size: 1 veggie bowl
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
3 g protein
1 g fat
22 g carbohydrate
4 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
98 mg sodium
71 mg calcium
0.7 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
© 1995-2015 KidsHealth® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com