Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
Note: This recipe is for anyone following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet.
This is a great sandwich for your lunchbox. It tastes even better with a glass of milk or soy milk.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- ¼ banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. cereal (natural wheat and barley cereal flakes)
- knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- measuring spoons
- Spread peanut butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread banana pieces on the peanut butter on one slice of bread.
- On the other slice of bread, sprinkle cereal so that it sticks to the peanut butter and covers the bread.
- Place the slices together and serve.
Serving size: 1 sandwich
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
14 g protein
19 g fat
4 g sat. fat
40 g carbohydrate
7 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
437 mg sodium
50 mg calcium
3.7 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
If you don't like bananas, try slices of apple instead.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
© 1995-2015 KidsHealth® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com