Crunchy Veggie Wrap
Note: This recipe is for anyone following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- ½ c. fat-free cream cheese
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2/3 c. romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2/3 c. red cabbage, shredded
- 1 red tomato, diced
- ¼ c. red onions, sliced
- 1/3 c. carrots, grated
- ¼ c. blue cheese
- 1 c. alfalfa sprouts
- knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- Spread 2 tbsp. cream cheese over one side of each tortilla.
- Divide remaining ingredients evenly among tortillas.
- Roll up each tortilla.
- Cut each rolled wrap in half diagonally.
Serving size: 1 wrap
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
10 g protein
5 g fat
2 g sat. fat
24 g carbohydrate
2 g fiber
9 mg cholesterol
443 mg sodium
157 mg calcium
1.6 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Use a variety of vegetables. Try flavored cream cheese.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
© 1995-2014 KidsHealth® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com