Berry Good Popsicles
Note: This recipe is especially for teens on a gluten-free diet, who must avoid foods that contain gluten, a type of protein found in many foods.
This healthy, gluten-free dessert is also a good source of calcium.
Prep time: 5 minutes to prepare, freeze overnight
- 30 oz. low-fat or nonfat fruit-flavored yogurt
- 1 c. strawberries
- Put strawberries in a blender and mix until berries are cut into small pieces.
- Mix yogurt and berries together in a large bowl.
- Equally divide yogurt mixture in 6 paper cups.
- Place a popsicle stick in the middle of the yogurt.
- Put in the freezer and freeze overnight.
- Before eating, remove paper cup.
Serving size: 1 popsicle
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
5 g protein
0 g fat
0 g sat. fat
16 g carbohydrate
0.3 g fiber
7 mg cholesterol
64 mg sodium
139 mg calcium
0.3 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Be creative and try different flavors of yogurt and fruit. If you don't have a blender, chop up berries or fruit into small pieces.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, LD/N
Date reviewed: July 2012
© 1995-2014 KidsHealth® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com