Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who often need to consume additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
You can make this yummy dessert now and freeze the leftovers to eat later.
Prep time: 50 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 box pudding-style yellow cake mix
- 1 stick (8 tbsp.) butter, melted
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- 5½ c. confectioner's sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¼ c. confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Mix together all the ingredients listed to make the bottom layer and spread in a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients to make the middle layer and spread over cake mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Serving size: 3½-inch x 2½-inch square
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
5 g protein
16 g fat
410 mg sodium
76 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, CNSC, LD/N
Date reviewed: July 2012
© 1995-2014 The Nemours Foundation/KidsHealth. All rights reserved.