The Family Advisory Council (FAC) was organized to promote the practice of family-centered care at All Children's Hospital (ACH). The Council serves in an advisory role to provide positive and constructive feedback to ACH leaders and to influence and support sensitivity to the emotional, cultural, and spiritual needs of patients and families. The Family Advisory Council is made up parents, patients and ACH staff. All members of the FAC have a common desire to work together to provide ACH patients and families with the best care and service possible.
Family Advisory Council
The Family Advisory Council meets monthly. Topics include:
- Projects to improve the patient and family experience
- Family support and resources
- Communication to families
- Advancing the philosophy of family-centered care
Our family advisory council was established in 2008 and has completed numerous projects/activities including:
- Created a Handbook for Families admitted to the hospital.
- Participated in training activities to help educate the staff about Family Centered Care.
- Assisted in the preparation of move day videos to help ease the concerns of patients and families.
- Provided feedback for signage improvements at All Children's Hospital's new facility.
- Participated in the All Children's Hospital Telethon phone bank.
- Assisted patients and families on move day to the new hospital.
- Prepared and distributed Care Kits providing basic necessities to families suddenly admitted to the hospital.
If you would like more information, feel free to contact us.