Walk The Walk: International Walk to School Day
Presented by Florida Suncoast Safe Kids and Safe Routes to School
The work of Florida Suncoast Safe Kids and Safe Routes to School, led by All Children's Hospital, is making a difference to reduce the number of child pedestrian deaths and injuries in our community. International Walk to School day is a fun and effective way to promote health and safety for kids walking to school.
Let's Get Started!
Coordinating a Walk To School day event can be fun! Just follow these steps:
- Call your school office to see what events are planned
- Check out the puzzle piece videos below to see different ways your school can participate.
- Select tools from our Resources for Schools section
- Register your school online at WalkToSchool.org
- Return to our website after your walk events to apply for the Judge Karl B. Grube Extra Mile Award!
There are four pieces to the puzzle - select which parts you'll participate in, and get started! Download and customize these sample documents to fit your event.
Walk to School
Walk to School Resources
On Campus Walk & Roll
On Campus Walk & Roll Resources
Classroom Instruction Resources
Media Blitz Resources
Photos From Previous Years
- NATIONAL LINKS
- National Walk to School Day Website
- Safe Routes to Schools National Website
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- National Program Overview
- National Report-Walk A Mile In Their Shoes
- Distracted Drivers - A National Report (2009)
- STATE RESOURCES
- Safe Routes to School
- Florida DOT Safe Routes to School Program
- Brain Injury Association of Florida
- Florida Bicycle Association
- Pedestrian and Bicycling Safety Resource Center