Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
The Healing Power of Art
Recorded September 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Magda Barsoum-Homsy, MD, FRCSC, ABO
Pediatric Ophthalmologist, The Eye Institute of West Florida, Largo, FL; Adjunct Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, III, MD
After attending this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Recognize and promote all aspects of creativity or art; encourage patients to express themselves in any form of art.
- Identify the healing power of art.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac