Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Routine Newborn Saturation Screening for Congenital Heart Disease
Recorded September 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM
J. Blaine John, MD, MBA
Pediatric Cardiologist, Pediatric Cardiology Associates, St. Petersburg, FL; Assistant Professor, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Disclosure: The speaker has signed a disclosure form and indicated he/she has no significant financial interest or relationship with companies of the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product/service that will be discussed as part of his/her presentation.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, III, MD
After attending this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Discuss why and how routine newborn saturation screening helps detect Congenital Heart Disease.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac