Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Update of Pediatric Growth Disorders and Growth Hormone Therapy
Recorded December 16, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Sally Radovick, MD
Professor of Pediatrics, Director, Division of Endocrinology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, MD
After attending this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Explain the functional role of the growth hormone axis.
- Evaluate a child with short stature.
- Identify the benefits and risks of growth hormone therapy.
- Discuss the rationale for adolescent growth hormone treatment.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac