Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Child Abuse and Neglect - Cases from All Children's Hospital
Recorded July 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Sally M. Smith, MD
Medical Director, Suncoast Center Child Protection Team, St. Petersburg, FL; Associate Professor, Pediatrics, USF College of Medicine (Voluntary Faculty), Tampa, FL
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, III, MD
Learning Objectives: THIS SPECIAL GRAND ROUNDS MEETS ONE HOUR OF THE TWO-HOUR REQUIRED CME FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
As a result of attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Recognize patterns of injury that should raise concern for child abuse/neglect.
- Identify how to respond to cases of suspected child abuse and neglect.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac