Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Medical Informatics for the Pediatric Care Provider
Recorded May 2, 2008 at 12:30 PM
Cynthia S. Samra, MD, Medical Informatics Curriculum Director, Pediatric Clerkship Director; Clinical Associate Professor, FSU College of Medicine, Sarasota Regional Campus, Sarasota, FL
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan Dumois, III, MD
Learning Objectives: As a result of attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Define Medical Informatics and the concept of Evidence Based Medicine (EBM).
- Identify resources that survey the literature and identify high quality references and ways to access these references at the point of care.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac