Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Prevention of Medical Errors - TWO-HOUR PRESENTATION – MEETS CME REQUIREMENTS FOR MEDICAL ERRORS-Must be completed by 12/1/11 to receive CME Credit by 12/31/11. If completed after 12/1/11, CME Credit will be awarded in July, 2012
Recorded November 18, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Director of Risk Management Services, First Professional Insurance Company, Jacksonville, FL
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, MD
After attending this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Describe the elements of root cause analysis.
- Recognize and prevent common performance and diagnostic errors.
- Identify the most commonly misdiagnosed conditions.
- Identify risk management measures designed to prevent high-risk medical errors.
- Discuss patient safety goals; meet the requirements set forth by FS 456.013(7).
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac