Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Medical Implications of Nuclear Power and Nuclear War
Recorded October 7, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Helen Caldicott, MD
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Fellow Royal Australasian College of Physicians, Diplomate American Board Pediatrics, Member American Thoracic Society, Bermagul, NSW Australia
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, MD
After attending this activity, participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Treat and counsel patients with regard to the medical hazards of nuclear power.
- Dsign practice strategies to lessen environmental destruction caused by nuclear power.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac