Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Alternative Medicine in Pediatrics: What's Used, What's Claimed, and What's Known
Recorded January 7, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Lisa C. Wittmann, MD, FAAP
Pediatric Medicine, All Children's Specialty Physician, All Children's at Sarasota Memorial Hospital
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, III, MD
Learning Objectives: As a result of attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Recognize frequently used alternative therapies for common pediatric problems.
- Discuss the currently known benefits and risks of some commonly used herbal and homeopathic remedies.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac