Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Product of Our Success: Challenges Facing Survivors of Surgery for Congenital Heart Disease (CHD)
Recorded October 1, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Gil Wernovsky, MD
Associate Chief, Division of Cardiology, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia; Professor of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, III, MD
Learning Objectives: As a result of attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the common neurodevelopment outcomes seen in school-age children with CHD.
- Identify the multiple and interactive factors related to adverse outcomes.
- Review current initiatives to improve quality of life in patients with CHD.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac