Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Probiotics: The When, Where, and Why of Them
Recorded September 17, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Michael J. Wilsey, MD, FAAP
Pediatric GI/Nutrition, ACH, St. Petersburg, FL; Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, USF College of Medicine, Tampa, FL
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan A. Dumois, III, MD
Learning Objectives: As a result of attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Review indications for probiotic use in children.
- Discuss mechanisms of action and therapeutic benefits of probiotics.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac