Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
Prevention of Medical Errors - Special Two Hour Grand Rounds: 12:30 – 2:30pm
Recorded November 6, 2009 at 12:30 PM
Joseph F. Putz, LHRM
Risk Management Consultant, First Professionals Insurance Company, Jacksonville, FL
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan Dumois, MD
Learning Objectives: As a result of attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and prevent common performance and diagnostic errors.
- Describe the elements of a root cause analysis.
- Identify risk management measures designed to prevent high-risk medical errors.
- Meet the requirements set forth by FS 456.013(7).
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac