Pediatric Grand Rounds Archived Webcasts
HIV Testing in Healthcare Settings: Implementing the CDC Recommendations for Routine Testing in Florida Among Adolescents and Young Adult Populations
Recorded August 7, 2009 at 12:30 PM
Carina A. Rodriguez, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Division Infectious Diseases, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
This program is presented for educational purposes only and is no longer available for CME credit.
Clinical Content Reviewer: Juan Dumois, MD
Learning Objectives: As a result of attending this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Review the epidemiology of HIV/AIDS.
- Apply CDC's revised recommendations for HIV testing with focus on adolescents and young adults and discuss legal and practical issues.
While the presentations may be viewable on systems that don't meet these criteria, we recommend that you use a computer that meets the following standards:
- Broadband internet access (DSL, Cable, T1, Wi-fi)
- Speakers or Headphones
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 6 or later
- Windows Media Player Version 9 or greater (required). The latest edition is always available from
Mac OS Version - OS X
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.2.3 or later for Mac OS X, Safari 1.0.3 or later (Safari 1.2.4 & above recommended), Firefox 1.0 or later
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
Mac OS Version - OS 9
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 5.1.7 for Mac OS 8.1 to 9.x
- Media Player Requirements: Windows Media Player 7.1 for Mac