Five pediatric orthopaedic surgeons with Children's Orthopaedic and Scoliosis Surgery Associates, LLP play a key role in the AllSports Medicine program. The surgical team understands the demands that sports place on young athletes and the importance of age-appropriate care. AllSports Medicine surgical director Drew E. Warnick, M.D., is fellowship-trained in pediatric and adolescent sports medicine. He completed his fellowship at the Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Atlanta. He is trained in cutting-edge techniques in sports surgery for children and adolescents. This provides focused expertise to maximize recovery in young athletes who sustain injuries.
Orthopaedic sports medicine services include:
- Comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of all athletic injuries in children, adolescents and young adults
- Arthroscopic and minimally invasive surgical techniques for the hip, knee, ankle, shoulder and elbow
- Extensive experience in the treatment of all fractures sustained during athletic activity
- Age-appropriate and injury-specific rehabilitation protocols designed to help athletes return to sports participation in a timely manner
- For emergent injuries, our surgeons provide 24-hour, seven-days-a-week Emergency room coverage at All Children's Hospital - the only hospital in the Tampa Bay area to have an emergency room continuously covered by fellowship trained pediatric orthopaedic surgeons