- Symptoms of the male genital area (penis or scrotum)
- Injuries are not covered here
- Penis symptoms include rash, pain, itching, swelling and discharge from the end of the penis
- Scrotum symptoms include rash, itching, pain and swelling.
- Any genital pain that is not due to an injury is included
- Foreskin retraction questions for noncircumcised boys are included
Types of Foreskin Retraction Problems
- The foreskin generally causes no problems. However, overzealous retraction can cause it to get stuck behind the glans (head of the penis) and cause severe pain and swelling. This is called paraphimosis.
- If retraction is forceful, it can cause a small cut with minimal bleeding and pain.
- Occasionally, the space under the foreskin becomes infected probably from a break in the skin caused by excessive retraction.